Medscape from WebMD (medscape.com) is the leading medical resource most used by physicians, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals for clinical information.
Our mobile app is used by over 3 million healthcare professionals and was the #1 most downloaded free app in the medical category in iTunes for 2010 (Source: iTunes).
Medscape apps for iPhone and iPad are available free.
– Medical news and critical alerts available in 34 specialty areas (updated daily). Select the specialties you want to follow.
– Search our entire Medscape News and MEDLINE databases right in app
– Ability to save articles, email articles, and share articles on Facebook
– Prescribing & safety information for 8,000+ brand & generic drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals & supplements
– Drug interaction checker (input up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements at once)
– Save commonly searched drugs to a personalized ‘saved’ list for easy access
– Special features include pill images, detailed drug pricing, pregnancy & lactation guidelines, and more
Diseases, Conditions & Procedures:
– 4,000+ evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts (supported with images and videos)
– 600+ step-by-step procedure videos
– 100+ tables & protocols
– Sections include pathophysiology, epidemiology, differential diagnoses, workup, treatment, medication options, and more
-129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications
-Over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators
-Formulas, detailed notes and references for each result
-Supports US and SI Units
Clinical reference database and drug interaction checker can be accessed from anywhere without an Internet connection.
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
– Vast selection of CME/CE activities in 32 specialty areas
– Search our entire collection of CME/CE activities right in app
– Ability to save activities, email activities, track credits earned, and more