Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine for Kindle
Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine – based on Dr. Auerbach’s critically acclaimed text Wilderness Medicine – offers fast-access solutions to all of the medical situations that can occur in non-traditional settings. From backpack to kayak, or on any mobile device, this indispensable, compact survival guide is detailed enough to cover the clinical presentation and treatment of a full range of wilderness emergencies!
- Meet a full-range of emergency situations with the utmost effectiveness. Appendices address everything from environment-specific situations to lists of essential supplies, medicines, and many additional topics of care.
- Compare what you are seeing with line drawings and color plates to quickly and accurately identify skin manifestations, plants, poisonous mushrooms, snakes, spiders, insects, etc.
- Rapidly retrieve and comprehend wilderness survival information with the aid of an easily accessible format featuring “Signs and Symptoms” and “Treatment” sections in most chapters – combined with bulleted lists and text boxes.
- Improvise with available materials so you can diagnose and treat a myriad of medical situations with step-by-step how-to explanations and the latest practical advice from wilderness medicine experts.
- Get guidance on the go with online access to the fully searchable text at Expert Consult, plus bonus downloadable files for Survival Kits.
- Get the wilderness medicine skills you need now with new chapters on foot problems and care, global humanitarian relief and disaster medicine, Leave No Trace principles, and high-altitude medicine, as well as lists to prepare a variety of survival kits for different settings and patient populations.
- Improve your competency and readiness with thoroughly revised chapters on shock, maxillofacial trauma, malaria, improvised litters and carries, aeromedical transport, pain management, life-threatening emergencies, and allergic reactions.